[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24363 (pdherbemont)

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 11:37:21 CET 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:53:12 +0100 (CET), Subversion daemon
> <svn at videolan.org> wrote:
>> r24363 | pdherbemont | 2008-01-17 22:53:12 +0100 (Thu, 17 Jan 2008)
>> | 2
>> lines
>> Changed paths:
>>   M /trunk/modules/access/http.c
>>
>> access/http.c: Support Set-Cookie, and forward them appropriately
>> accross
>> redirections.
>
> Err, the feature request for Cookie was closed a long time ago, as a
> won't
> do. This opens us to a wide range of known problems that browsers have
> learnt to cope with over the years.

Hum. Didn't know. Well, I could add an option for that one, so it is
disabled by default. But to me we have a simplified problem, as we
just want to support Cookies across redirection. I don't plan to do
something to support more complex situation.

> Indeed the domain check in this changeset already seems broken,
> which is
> not very promising to start with.

We don't promise a full blown implementation of Cookies support, just
enough to work with some web server. I'll fix this domain check,
though, currently it shouldn't be too troublesome.

Thanks for the review,

Pierre.