[vlc-devel] KDE4 release event

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Jan 20 19:10:37 CET 2008

Hello girls, hello guys,

I was at the KDE4 Release event in Mountain View, the past two days in
order to spread VLC (Ref #35).

First, VLC integrates in KDE4 really really well and the demos I did
didn't crash at all. ;) (except sometime on exit during a play) and they
were quite impressed by the work. The 'apply video filter' GUI seems to
be a really killer feature (dionoea!).
"You have a web interface?" "You can record stuffs?" "You are only 13MB
on Windows?" "You have so many useless Vfilters, I want!"

Second, Trolltech and KDE seems to be interested to have a Open Source
Xplatform phonon-engine.

Coin coin, as usual,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf