[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24391 (oaubert)

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Mon Jan 21 12:44:58 CET 2008

> > this commit - breaks compile at my site? so I reverted to "uint32_t" again
> > - and it compiles just fine? where should u_int32_t be defined?  --- I did
> > a full svn update to my source - but buildings stopped through this change.
> > (cross compile for windows)
> Nowhere. u_int32_t is non-standard, AFAIK. uint32_t is defined in by the
> baselin ISO C spec (in <stdint.h>).
I made this change based on a bug report (cf
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-January/038452.html ) and private exchanges with the reporter.
Before committing, I compiled it on linux and just grepped for u_int32_t
in the include dir, which gave in vlc_common.h :
    typedef u_int32_t           uint32_t;
so I assumed it would be equivalent anyway. (as for the non-standard
part, grepping for u_int32_t in /usr/include on a Debian system returns
quite a few matches. Not that it makes it a standard, but it makes it
not that exotic).
Sorry about the breakage anyway. I guess that the reported bug will have
to be fixed another way.

Olivier