[vlc-devel] [bug] skipping past uptime of the machine

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 19:07:36 CET 2008

Hi Francois,

I had the same problem till I realized it was my
mistake so I changed my GUI to reset to the last valid
input if the user takes the slider past the point of
where the input stream really is otherwise vlc acts
strangely but who can blame it?
Seems the stream is not saved to disk so if you
advance  to the point where the last video had
streamed it will not work.
Perhaps there is an option so the second time the
video is played it reads from disk or memory if the
player has not been restarted? Seems like a big waste
of memory and not sure about hard disk space. Seems
like it might have been a big discussion whenever this
subject came up.

Regards,
-Tony
--- Francois Grieu <fgrieu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Video and sound stops when one skips formard, AND
> the uptime of the
> machine (time since last boot) is less than the
> point selected, AND
> the video is from a file in some specific format.
>
> A more complete bug description, and a sample file,
> are at

ftp://streams.videolan.org/incoming/cant_%20skip_past_machine_uptime_winxp/