[vlc-devel] [RFC] planned pth, state threads and cthreads removal

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Jan 22 20:55:45 CET 2008

Le Monday 21 January 2008 21:30:02 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> However, I would ask you not to start working on it right away or do
> it in a branch at first, because I really want VLC 0.9.0 to get
> stable and finally out of the door.

Even though the Qt4 interface is almost usable, the fact that no capable
person is looking at fixing WMA performance -the infamous ASF demux bug-
makes me think there is (unfortunately) a looong time before 0.9.0 is out :(

> Thus, we got 2 ways: either
> rework threading in a separate branch or branch out 0.9.0. Both
> possibilities are acceptable to me.

I don't see the point. This was just about removing ifdef'd out code. It's not
like "fixing" the playlist API.

http://www.remlab.net/