[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_descriptor_... setting mrl question

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:48:25 CET 2008

My reason to do that is to be able to start a new play from inside the
libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd
event. I may not be doing things correctly but presently it simply hangs in
my callback. Probably because I am trying to release something that is
probably what is calling me back! :-) The media descriptor. I have
circumvented the problem by posting myself a message (I am working under
Windowzzzz) and this lets me do what I want since in the handler for this
message I am out of the libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd event callback. But I
would rather not have to resort to this double callback scheme to get things
working.

On Jan 23, 2008 3:59 PM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2008, at 7:51 PM, jboileau wrote:
>
> > Is there another way to specify a file for play by a media
> > descriptor other than through the libvlc_media_descriptor_new
> > function's psz_mrl parameter? Can we set a file to play to an
> > existing media descriptor so we can reuse the same? Something like
> > libvlc_media_descriptor_set_mrl for example.
>
> No it is not, and I don't really see why you want to do that. Creating
> a new media descriptor is cheap and you have
> libvlc_media_instance_set_media_descriptor().
>
> Pierre.

Jacques Boileau