[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24516 (funman)

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Thu Jan 24 13:35:36 CET 2008

Le Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:25 +0200,
Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> a écrit :

> Le Wednesday 23 January 2008 15:20:16 Rafaël Carré, vous avez écrit :
> > They could use libgconf to find those settings, instead of
> > launching a processus and deadlocking while waiting for SIGCHLD to
> > be delivered,
>
> I can't see what you're referring to (and I don't have gconf).
>
> According to strace, setDesktopStyleLooksWhatever is a no-op. It is
> not unlikely that it performs some syscall-free operations, but it
> definitely does not execute anything.

in qt4-x11-4.3.2: src/gui/styles/qcleanlooksstyle.cpp (that gets
executed when you selected cleanlooks style, using qt4-config, which
sounds normal on a gtk+ desktop)

void QCleanlooksStylePrivate::lookupIconTheme() const
{
#ifdef Q_WS_X11
    if (!themeName.isEmpty())
        return;
    QProcess gconftool;
    gconftool.start(QLatin1String("gconftool-2
--get /desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme"));
    if (gconftool.waitForStarted(2000) &&
gconftool.waitForFinished(2000))
        themeName = QLatin1String(gconftool.readLine().trimmed());
    if (themeName.isEmpty()) themeName = QLatin1String("gnome");
#endif
}

src/corelib/io/qprocess_unix.cpp

QProcessManager::QProcessManager()
{
    // set up the SIGCHLD handler, which writes a single byte to the
dead
    // child pipe every time a child dies.
    struct sigaction oldAction;
    struct sigaction action;
    memset(&action, 0, sizeof(action));
    action.sa_handler = qt_sa_sigchld_handler;
    action.sa_flags = SA_NOCLDSTOP;
    qt_native_sigaction(SIGCHLD, &action, &oldAction);
    if (oldAction.sa_handler != qt_sa_sigchld_handler)
    qt_sa_old_sigchld_handler = oldAction.sa_handler;
}

--
Rafaël Carré