[vlc-devel] VLC Bindings with CLI

Damien DALY maitredede at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:24:34 CEST 2008

Hello World !

I am wokring on C# bindings to libvlc starting from Rémi's works (found in
source /bindings/cil).
I am using the 0.9 version of libvlc (nightly build
0.9.0-test2-20080702-1017) to work with latest apis and test my code.

I have some strange issues when strings are passed between native and
managed code. Sometimes I have readable text, and sometimes I have only
squares.
For example, I am able to handle libvlc log : I see readable messages, but
some contains "squares" in the text, like this debug message : "adding item
'square' ( square )" (replace word "square" with ansi char 0x01).

In Rémi's work, he has coded a transcoding class to create native libvlc
strings (UTF8 + null terminal char) from managed strings. I am using it to
read log data, but I don't know if i use it correctly, and if it works
correctly.

I can send source code if someone can help me...

Thanks,

Damien