[vlc-devel] mp3 transcoding creates slow audio (was Re: Slow audio when streaming flv

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Tue Jul 8 02:05:43 CEST 2008

I did some more testing, and it appears that the slow audio is
happening for any a/v file where audio is transcoded is transcoded to
mp3.  For example, the following command-line:

./VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC -vvv -I dummy ~/Movies/makeup.wmv --sout
"#transcode
{vcodec
=
mp4v
,acodec
=
mp3
,samplerate
=
22050
,ab
=
128
,vb
=512,width=320,height=240,channels=2}:std{access=file,dst=stream.mov}"
--audio-filter scaletempo vlc://quit

The resulting stream.mov plays back in QuickTime, but the audio is
hella-slow.  Result is the same with or without the scaletempo audio
filter.

- Dave