[vlc-devel] Disable x11 in VLC build

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:58:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

I finally got VLC built on ARM platform, but I have to make following
disabled options:

--disable-x11 --disable-xvideo --disable-screen --disable-freetype --disable-glx

Then, I failed to run vlc to play audio files on the ARM platform
which can only running on root. Could you please explain what were
really missing caused following errors? Was it missing something due
to above disabled options, or it was the problem of running on root?

./arm-linux-vlc file:///test.mp3
VLC media player 0.8.6h Janus
starting VLC root wrapper... using UID 0 (root)
***************************************
* Running VLC as root is discouraged. *
***************************************

 It is potentially dangerous, and might not even work properly.
[00000001] main private error: no memcpy module matched "any"
[00000016] main interface error: no interface module matched "hotkeys,none"
[00000016] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[00000001] main private error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization failed
[00000017] main interface error: no interface module matched "any"
[00000017] main interface error: no suitable interface module
[00000001] main private error: interface "(null)" initialization failed

Thank you.

Jim