[vlc-devel] commit: live: fix unsafe use of setlocale() ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jul 13 15:36:49 CEST 2008

>vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont
><rdenis at simphalempin.com> | Sun Jul 13 12:59:14
>2008 +0300|
>[2c2f5641c87b844c474783cc313a0d2f2b305a37]
>
>live: fix unsafe use of setlocale()

Ugh! - I thought we were done with these "live*"
patches (except for "live-noapps")?

If there's really a problem with the existing
code, then please instead submit a patch to the
"LIVE555 Streaming Media" code itself (either to
the "live-devel at lists.live555.com" mailiing list,
or just to me), so I can include it in future
releases - so that all applications (not just
VLC) that use the code can benefit from it.

(However, from what I can tell, your new calls to
"newlocale()" and "freelocale()" are not
portable.  For example, although Mac OS X knows
about them, FreeBSD does not.)