[vlc-devel] vlc-devel Digest, Vol 13, Issue 228

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jul 10 15:41:32 CEST 2008

On 1 jul 2008, at 00:22, Starks wrote:
> Hi, I have a rather modest suggestion.
>
> Would it be possible to have csri/libasa support enabled in the
> nightly
> builds instead of just git after certain flags are enabled before a
> compile? The new and improved subtitle support has been touted as a
> major feature of 0.9.0 and yet it is still largely untested and
> bugfixed. I respectfully find this to be unacceptable.

Untested indeed it seems. It doesn't work at all on OSX. I immediately
see the following:

scanning directory "/Users/hartman/Development/vlc-git/extras/contrib/
lib/csri"
ignoring directory "/usr/lib/csri": No such file or directory (2)
ignoring directory "/usr/local/lib/csri": No such file or directory (2)
ignoring directory "/Users/hartman/.csri/lib": No such file or
directory (2)
[00000705] csri decoder error: can't load csri renderer

I have no clue why and how this works, but it seems the init of csri/
asa even fails, so it's not a problem in VLC it seems.
Does anyone know why this would happen, or have the capacity to
explain what might be causing this? Otherwise this functionality
should be removed from 0.9.0 Mac.

DJ