[vlc-devel] commit: The playlist is not lock at this stage so let it lock itself. ( Rémi Duraffort )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Jul 17 19:22:20 CEST 2008

On Jul 17, 2008, at 6:50 PM, Rémi Duraffort wrote:

> Le jeudi 17 juillet 2008 à 06:43:40, git version control a écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Duraffort <ivoire at videolan.org> | Thu
>> Jul 17 17:58:33 2008 +0200|
>> [6cc9595de6e94e5f56242a7b605fc30fa3369081]
>>
>> The playlist is not lock at this stage so let it lock itself.
> The playlist locking is not my cup of tea so if someone can review
> it...

I think it's ok, though I would have prefered if we had switched to
pl_Locked or pl_Unlocked. That's easier to read ;)

I think I'll wait for Remi's return for that but playlist item
destruction is broken. It cannot work as we don't know who will access
the playlist_item. So accessing a playlist_item is safe only if the
playlist lock is held. But it is not what is done in practical cases.
So I guess we should remove playlist item deletion, and post pone them
at the very end of the playlist.

Yes, we'll be leaking, but I don't think we are in the proper period
to add refcounting to playlist_item.

Pierre.