[vlc-devel] commit: Revived vout_Destroy from the dead. (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 17 21:29:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2008, at 7:58 PM, git version control wrote:
>
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu Jul
> > 17 19:53:47 2008 +0200| [dd066314d5dde1a5d828d2c51c0296dd7b04bac7]
> >
> > Revived vout_Destroy from the dead.
> > No you CANNOT release a vout by vlc_object_release if you have created
> > it by vout_Request or vout_Create.
>
> That do need a special case handling to make sure the object isn't
> destroyed if vout_Destructor hasn't been called first.
 No. The vout will NEVER be destroyed by someone else. If you create a
vout, you are the only one that call destroy on it.

> I am re-reading that code and vout_Destroy is actually vout_Close.
> Because vout_Destroy doesn't actually destroy the vout, but only close
> it.
 I would prefer keeping vout_Create/Destroy (Create/Close is confusing).
Beside it actually destroy the object unless someone has done a vlc_object_find
on it.

> If there is no objection, I'll change that confusing name (and
> probably remove the vlc_object_release from here).
 You cannot remove the vlc_object_release inside vout_Destroy or everyone
will have to call vout_Close AND vlc_object_release. (That's why vout_Destroy)

--
fenrir