[vlc-devel] commit: Use pl_Locked and pl_Unlocked. ( Rémi Duraffort )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Mon Jul 21 00:22:42 CEST 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Laurent Aimar wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008, git version control wrote:
>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Duraffort <ivoire at videolan.org> | Sat
>> Jul 19 14:38:10 2008 +0200|
>> [ee7537e77ae5c190881227db774a1eee6c1c7aa8]
>>
>> Use pl_Locked and pl_Unlocked.
> Maybe it would be better/simpler to use a mutex (recursive lock)
> instead ?

Well, I know that Remi (courmisch) would object strongly here.

I also tend to think that when we should try to avoid recursive lock,
as they are most of the time hidding bugs. [1]

Yet, I am pretty happy now with playlist locking scheme. It's actively
checking for unproper locking, and is pretty explicit about the use of
the lock. (thanks to ivoire).

Pierre.

[1] http://zaval.org/resources/library/butenhof1.html