[vlc-devel] commit: Fixed a potential segfault when font builder thread try to release (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Mon Jul 21 20:38:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:24:43PM +0200, git version control wrote :
> > Fixed a potential segfault when font builder thread try to release
> > itself.
> > Use the fontconfig the font builder thread created (Fixed a few past
> > broken commits).
> > Fixed fontconfig lock (a unique lock for all instances).
>
> Quite OT, but can we assume that we always have fontconfig when using
> the Qt4 interface ?
 Maybe, but you are not sharing the same FcConfig than all freetype instances,
so it should be ok.
 The only thing I am not sure is that freetype does not use the default
FcConfig while building its font database. The original author thougth there
was a potential problem so I let it. But I think we can remove this limitation
(freetype.c:2439)

--
fenrir