[vlc-devel] Reg: Audio doesnt play when DVD / *.vob is played ? AC3 problem?

Ragas sag info2use4me at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 16:51:01 CEST 2008

Hi Xperts,

When i am trying to play DVD in Linux, although video is displayed, but the
audio doesn't play at all.
Below is the message that i get ,

[00000228] main private debug: looking for audio filter module: 21
candidates
[00000229] main private debug: looking for audio filter module: 21
candidates
[00000226] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the first
part of the conversion
[00000226] main audio output error: couldn't set an input pipeline

Generally DVD/ *.vob contains AC3 audio , and as much i could find out vlc
uses a52dec to decode the same. My questions are,

Although the demuxer/packetizer/decoder are probed correctly, but while
selecting filter, is it giving a problem? Are there any extra audi filter's
that i need to install in my code? How do  i solve/ troubleshoot this
problem ?

Kindly replay ASAP, it's urgent too.

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,