[vlc-devel] Reg: Audio doesnt play when DVD / *.vob is played ? AC3 problem?

Ragas sag info2use4me at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:44:01 CEST 2008

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:57:00 +0100
From: "Christophe Mutricy" <xtophe at videolan.org>
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Reg: Audio doesnt play when DVD / *.vob is
played ? AC3 problem?
<vlc-devel at videolan.org>

2008/7/22, Ragas sag <info2use4me at gmail.com>:
> Hi Xperts,
>
> When i am trying to play DVD in Linux, although video is displayed, but
the
> audio doesn't play at all.
> Below is the message that i get ,
>
> candidates
> [00000226] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the first
> part of the conversion
> [00000226] main audio output error: couldn't set an input pipeline
>
> Generally DVD/ *.vob contains AC3 audio , and as much i could find out vlc
> uses a52dec to decode the same. My questions are,

> >Check in view/codec info or in the log that it's indeed a52.
> >What disstribution do you use ?
> >How did you install vlc ? Vlc version ?

Vlc-0.8.6a version, Redhat Linux
I downloaded, than configure/make/make install commands to install VLC.

> >Is there any reference to a52 in vlc -vvv --no-plugins-cache --list

Using the command " vlc -vvv --no-plugins-cache --list | grep  a52 ", i got
reference to a52 as follows,

a52 A/52 parser
a52 A/52 audio packetizer
a52sys Raw A/52 demuxer
a52tospdif Audio filter for A/52->S/PDIF encapsulation

I have attached a file containing my complete log messages that i am getting
along with this mail.

Warm Regards,
Sagar