[vlc-devel] JVLC Questions...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 06:51:17 CEST 2008

Hi JVLC developers,

I waited as recommended till you were close releasing 0.9.0 before downloading the jvlc code and examples and now have some questions regarding the interface.

1. What is the difference between MediaPlayer and Playlist?
2. Why can you only fullscreen using MediaPlayer for the Video class? It used to work with every video type now only works for a MediaPlayer that seems to only use DVD for input.
3. Seems also to set the position of a video file you have to use MediaPlayer which again limits you to only DVD's. Using the VLC example for a file downloaded using http or a cam it fails when using the MediaPlayer but works fine using Playlist.

What I want to do is be able to play a video file or view a web cam and fullscreen it and can not do that with the revised API. Also, I can not set the position when viewing a video file and that used to be possible.

I used the 0.9.0 dlls for windows that were dated for 7/24/2008. The jvlc code I downloaded using git on 7/24/2008.

Thanks,
-Tony