[vlc-devel] comments and issues for some menu accelerators

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Wed Jul 30 10:17:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:51:09 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> I don't understand.

If I want to use the underlined accelerators, first I have to see them,
otherwise I don't know which they are.

So, if I press (say) Alt+M, the media menu appears, but no underlined
letters are displayed.
If I press first Alt, then take my hand away from the Alt key, then I
press M, the same media menu appears, now with underlining letters.

Now -- if during a DVD play I press Alt, then take my hand away from
it, then I press P, the program goes to (or try to go to) "previous
chapter", with no menu showing.
Perhaps it is related to the overlapping "P" ? (which was fixed by you
minutes ago, so I cannot test it)

>> however, there is a strange thing here: when inserting a DVD there
>> are some old or additional menu items that are displayed; some have
>> not *or no longer* underlined accelerators: Fullscreen, Always on
>> top (now with small caps on o and t), Wallpaper, Snapshot
> Jpeg? those strings come from the core, right?

Sorry, I'm out here ... (don't know technical details on this)
It just appeared quite bizarre that one time is "Always On Top" and
other time is "Always on top", let alone the accelerators.
As a general observation, the additional media or DVD menus uses
capital letters on first letter only, whereas most VLC menus are capital
letters on each word.

Cristi