[vlc-devel] Marketing of VLC 0.9.0

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jul 30 21:28:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

  We have a very poor marketing of VLC media player, and because we
  don't care very much. However, some are very good (MoFo) and a lot of
  FUD is found around the net on VLC.

  We have a few actions that could improve that quite easily:

  - Write a human-readable Changelog for press/marketing/bullshiters
    http://wiki.videolan.org/What_is_cool_in_0.9.0

  - Do screencasts of VLC nice features (live video filters and so on)
    and put it on Youtube or dailymotion.

  - Prepare some forum speech that some of us could put on the correct
    boards.

  - Start a skin contest as soon as VLC 0.9.0 is out.

  Reactions and comments are welcome.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf