[vlc-devel] 2 weeks to 0.9.0 features freeze

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Mon Jun 2 16:36:07 CEST 2008

	Hello,

The core VLC developpers have agreed on the 15th of June (of this year...) as
the features freeze date for VLC version 0.9.0, i.e. the current master head
on git. If you have non-bugfix patches pending, please let us know as soon as
possible. Beyond this date, no new features shall be merged to master until
the 0.9.0 branch is created (at an undefined date as yet), unless you manage
to compromise J-B and I (tough luck!) :P

I know I still need to merge the RTP/G.711 patch from Maurizio Simoni, and the
RealVideo patch. I am also still waiting for a patch to rework the RTMP
output so that it supports passive mode in a sensible manner. Finally, I need
to add gettext domain support for externally-built plugins.

Happy summer time,

http://www.remlab.net/