[vlc-devel] Upcomming video filters changes

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Mon Jun 2 18:41:04 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm about to push my big video filters changes. Those are still
incomplete and might be a bit buggy ... but I'd like to get them in the
master branch before my local tree diverges with it too much.

Changes include:
 * "chroma" modules don't exist anymore, they are now "video filter2"
 * complex video filtering operations should now be doable through a
   single module_Need() call. Filters will automatically be chained
   if needed.
 * transcode doesn't have native crop/padd/canvas anymore
 * scaling in transcode now works again (although I can't do any scaling
   with aspect ratio changes it seems ... needs to be investigated)
 * use swscale instead of scale when possible.
 * ffmpeg module was split in 4 distinct modules: avcodec, avformat,
   swscale and postproc. That split is still incomplete (I'll finish it
   in the next few days). configure.ac assumes that you have pkg-config
   stuff available for those ... if you don't, update to a newer
   ffmpeg version or get some .pc files together (let's try to keep
   configure.ac clean)

Comments are of course welcome (I'll fix the remaining issues rapidly).

Cheers,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea