[vlc-devel] Upcomming video filters changes
dionoea at videolan.org
Mon Jun 2 18:41:04 CEST 2008
I'm about to push my big video filters changes. Those are still
incomplete and might be a bit buggy ... but I'd like to get them in the
master branch before my local tree diverges with it too much.
* "chroma" modules don't exist anymore, they are now "video filter2"
* complex video filtering operations should now be doable through a
single module_Need() call. Filters will automatically be chained
* transcode doesn't have native crop/padd/canvas anymore
* scaling in transcode now works again (although I can't do any scaling
with aspect ratio changes it seems ... needs to be investigated)
* use swscale instead of scale when possible.
* ffmpeg module was split in 4 distinct modules: avcodec, avformat,
swscale and postproc. That split is still incomplete (I'll finish it
in the next few days). configure.ac assumes that you have pkg-config
stuff available for those ... if you don't, update to a newer
ffmpeg version or get some .pc files together (let's try to keep
Comments are of course welcome (I'll fix the remaining issues rapidly).
More information about the vlc-devel