[vlc-devel] commit: New filter chain handling API. This should make it possible to factorize (Antoine Cellerier )

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Wed Jun 4 15:13:40 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008, jboileau wrote:
> What is the relationship between filter_t chains and filter strings?
> For example in extended_panels.cpp, the function ChangeVFiltersString
> manipulates the string variables for filters. Are these two related?
> Interchangeable somehow?

You can build a filter chain using a filter chain string (this doesn't
apply to vout-filters as they aren't real filters). I'm planning on
changing the way interfaces interact with the current filter chains to
make them use dedicated API calls to modify them instead of just
creating a string and using var_Set (because building a string to have
it be split up again is kind of stupid ... and a major PITA in C).

(To build a filter chain from a string use
filter_chain_AppendFromString)

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea