[vlc-devel] Starting Scaletempo for VLC
rovjuvano at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 6 17:48:14 CEST 2008
I'm working on a patch that maintains the audio pitch when
the playback rate != 1.0. Similar to SoundTouch but in C and
with no external dependencies.
I have the resampling code written but I'll need some help
gluing it into VLC. Like:
- Where to hook into the audio stream?
src/audio_output/input.c:aout_InputPlay? a regular filter?
- How to determine the current input rate (or when it changes)?
- What's its interface? a module?
- Any good docs, examples, template for its interface?
- Would it need to re-timestamp buffers? If so, how?
- How to get samples as s16 or float?
- Anything else you think would be helpful as I get started?
More information about the vlc-devel