[vlc-devel] VLC 0.9.0 status for week 23

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sun Jun 8 08:56:25 CEST 2008

	Hello,

The feature freeze will start in one week. Lots of new and reworked features
were (expectedly?) committed this week.

I've moved the last feature ticket against 0.9.0 (MMS reset packet between
files) out, as nobody seems to be taking of this. I am expecting a two-keys
CSA support, dynamic CSA keys support and libproxy patch. It looks like RTMP
access output will ship broken.

We have about 250 total open bugs, 2 of which are marked as regression from
0.8.6. 200 bugs were closed since 0.8.6. There are 12 bugs to the -test1
release, in 3 weeks:

Qt4		 4
sout/vout	 3
OSX port	 3
Core		 1
Other		 1

With 4 bugs closed last week, a meaningless linear extrapolation says we are
right on time. Qt4 remains the main blocker, which it's been since we started
0.9.0-svn 18 months ago, and there has been almost no progress there.

http://www.remlab.net/