[vlc-devel] I am reworking the http seek optimizations

Andrew Zaikin andrew.zaikin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:36:04 CEST 2008

Bill,
I was working on similair problem in January (the only difference was that
my movie collection is placed on ftp, not http). I was able to pull into
repository some enchancements for ftp plugin itself, but changing
FASTSEEK->SEEK in libavi was blocked by Laurie with pretty much the same
explanation. I'm using my private build with that fix since then trying to
find such a bad avi that will be causing instant seek, but so far everything
was working just fine ;)
Anyway, if you are working on libavi improvments around seeks (or got other
bright idea in this area) and need any help, I would be delighted to do so.
I'm very interesting to switch back to normal latest build instead of my
private one ;)

Andy