[vlc-devel] More bugs...hurrah!

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Jun 17 21:51:44 CEST 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:16 PM, mlist at marxbitware.com wrote:

> I've been playing with the following nightly build:
>
> vlc-0.9.0-git-20080616-0003-win32
>
> I've tracked down those errors I was receiving...
>
> 1.  libvlc_media_player.video_set_parent()

This is deprecated. (Though is a wrapper around _set_drawable())

> HEAP[Marx Media Player v2.exe]: Invalid address specified to
> RtlFreeHeap( 00090000, 05C25E78 )
> HEAP[Marx Media Player v2.exe]: Invalid address specified to
> RtlFreeHeap( 009B0000, 078A61E0 )

Huh?

> 2.  libvlc_media_player.set_drawable()
>
> This generates an exception:
>
> b_raised = 1
> i_code = 0
> psz_message = "Input is NULL"

Well, this shouldn't happen, and there is nothing obvious in the code.
So you need to be more specific, could you provide a sample C code
that shows that it happens?

If you are not passing a libvlc_exception_t, it will strongly abort().
This is a feature, please do pass an exception then.

Thanks for the bug report.

Pierre.