[vlc-devel] commit: No need to send Connection: close or Connection: Keep-Alive. ( Bill C Riemers )

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Fri Jun 20 09:52:39 CEST 2008

On ti 17. kesäkuuta 2008 22:30:30, git version control wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Bill C Riemers <docbill at hartnell.local> | Tue Jun 17 16:16:22 2008 -0400| [4e497a21adba27e618095b7b3f2538e3adadd6fe]
>
> No need to send Connection: close or Connection: Keep-Alive.

> +    if(p_sys->i_remaining == 0 && (p_access->info.i_size == -1 || p_access->info.i_size == i_tell)) {
> +        Disconnect( p_access );
> +    }

Just noticed that this one gives grief with Icecast-stuff ( ~all
internet radios) because with those i_tell is 0 and they don't give
content-lengt at all. issue can be fixed by testing also that
i_tell != 0, but I'm not sure that its reasonable thing to do,

maybe test specificly for p_sys->b_icecast for not being icecast stuff?

Here's copy&paste from headers when asking shoutcast stuff
----
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: zeus.gamingradio.net:8000
1996-2008 the VideoLAN team
Range: bytes=0-
Icy-MetaData: 1

ICY 200 OK
icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a
href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a><BR>
icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.8<BR>
icy-name:EVE-Radio.com: DJ DRUJON
icy-genre:Various
icy-url:http://eve.gamingradio.net
content-type:audio/mpeg