[vlc-devel] [RFC] Removing glide video output module.

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 22:13:54 CEST 2008

Pavlov Konstantin wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:14:48PM -0400, Bill C. Riemers wrote:
>
>> I seriously doubt there are people still using this hardware.  The
>> question becomes however, are there emulators that emulate this hardware?
>>

> As stated by Kaarlo Räihä, there are some.
>
> But how is this related to VLC?

I was thinking more along the lines if some fairly popular emulator such
as bochs or kemu or such happened to choose a voodoo card as there type
of device they emulate, then we would want to still support that virtual
hardware so users could still run vlc on their virtual machine.

If it is just emulators running legacy software, then it doesn't matter,
because they can always run the legacy version of vlc.

Bill