[vlc-devel] Some VLC problems and wish list for dioneoa

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:46:35 CEST 2008

One more thing I have just tested/played with: plaback rate:

At 8x, the maximum available using the + button, the video freezes
after a short while. I also saw freeze up at 0.03x the minimum the -
button will take us. I know 0.03x is slow but I have waited more than
a minute without any change. I get the usual message when video can't
keep up in both cases:

avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame
(computer too slow ?)

The range of the + and - buttons is 0.03x to 8x, different from what
j-b stated as the range: 0.125 to 32x. I don't know if its a bug or
desired functionnality.

Jacques Boileau