[vlc-devel] commit: http: fix Content-Length and stream closure issues. (Bill C. Riemers )

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 04:08:56 CEST 2008

Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> On ma 23. kesäkuuta 2008 15:51:09, Bill C. Riemers wrote:
>
>> What type of invalid ranges?   Is the reported length from the
>> Content-Range different than the Content-Length?
>>

>  from http debug:
>  stream size=391223906,pos=0,remaining=391223907
>
>  remaining is bigger than size.

OK.  I examined the code carefully, but I did not come across any bugs
that would cause this.   To diagnose further I really do need some
debugging output.   If you can apply this patch and run with the -vvv
options so I can know what the Content-Range and Content-Length values
being sent by the server it would help.
My best guess is either the sscanf is parsing incorrectly (perhaps there
is extra white space?) or the server is sending bogus or missing
values.   Based on those
guesses I made a couple of modifications in the patch, so if you find
the reported stream sizes are no-longer incorrect with this patch, then
we have a solution.  But
I would still like to see the output so I can understand what was wrong.

Bill