[vlc-devel] libdirac

Bill C. Riemers briemers at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 04:16:00 CEST 2008

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello Bill,
>
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:02:30PM -0400, Bill C. Riemers wrote :
>
>> It looks like with the latest commits libdirac >= 10.0 is now required
>> for --enable-dirac.  It looks like this a beta version.   Which is only
>> available as a source download.  Do we really need to start using the
>> beta version of dirac?
>>
> This isn't beta, it is officially out since June 4th.

> The dirac project gives only source downloads anyway...

Yes I know.  But typically once software is out of beta there are rpm's
I can install.  If it is still beta, then I need to spin my own rpm's.

> However, I think you can disable dirac pretty safely :D

Yeah.  It looks like upgrading dirac would also require patching ffmeg,
mplayer, and transcode.   So it is probably just to change my config to
disable it, until there is a stable version.  I don't think any of my
videos use dirac, so I am only out of luck if something I want to play
on the internet is using it.

Bill