[vlc-devel] build error with ffmpeg

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:34:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've just downloaded vlc 0.8.6h source tarball and compiled in FC7:

./configure --prefix=/home/work/Tools/VLC/Install
--with-mad=/home/work/VLC/libmad-0.15.1b/Install
--with-ffmpeg-tree=/home/work/Tools/VLC/ffmpeg/Install

There was a configure: error: "Your FFmpeg library doesn't have the
needed img_resample() function. You should rebuild it with software
scaler disabled". I also svn ffmpeg and built the ffmpeg without
"--enable-swscale software scaler support [default=no]". The software
scaler was disabled, but why the vlc build still got that error? How
can I fix it?

Thank you.

Jim