[vlc-devel] VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken

Pavlov Konstantin thresh at altlinux.ru
Tue Jun 24 17:01:37 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:01:07PM +0200, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:

> On 01.05.2008, at 10:02, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>
> > Le Thursday 01 May 2008 00:50:44 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
> >> I've just noticed that VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken in configure.ac
> >> since the recent rework.
> >
> > VLC_ADD_BUILTINS is broken at least since 9a4101d72b (over two
> > months ago).
> > And from my personal earlier attempt to use it, it was already
> > broken long
> > before that. Mixing builtins and plugins stopped working with shared
> > libvlc,
> > about TWO YEARS ago.
> Thanks for making this clear. In fact, I used VLC_ADD_BUILTINS along
> with VLC_ADD_PLUGIN(S) until April 28 without any problems. I've
> switched the most important macosx-modules to VLC_ADD_PLUGIN now, but
> there may be more to add and there may be regressions we'll need to
> investigate. We compiled these modules builtin for a reason.
>
> Just in case you're interested in this. The breakage of
> VLC_ADD_BUILTINS was discovered, because configure just didn't enable
> any of the modules using it anymore. So make passed the source files/
> folders without compiling anything.

There's still that problem with libmpeg2 and a52 plugins: none of them are
built now.

Is it just s/VLC_ADD_BUILTINS/VLC_ADD_PLUGIN/ in relevant places of
configure.ac or i need to do something else?

--
Isn't it conceivable to you that an intelligent person could harbor
two opposing ideas in his mind?