[vlc-devel] One week to 0.9.0-test1
jb at videolan.org
Wed Jun 25 06:19:06 CEST 2008
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:59:47PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> We've made significant progress over the past ten days, since the feature
Thanks for your work...
> The biggest issue at the moment appears to be the OSX interface. Not a big
> surprise with the OSX developers away.
What issue are you talking about? I see the preferences on my list, but
nothing else. (I know it is a big stuff, I will look at it next week).
(#1 and following, IIRC)
> The other issues that I know of: transcoding bitrate, update checker, qt4
> embedded video, qt4 fullscreen controller...
- Update checkers seems to work now. [fd2c55] and 
- Qt4 embedded video is better [68cb77], [6ec764] and [8b43c0] but not
completly fixed (crashes on exit). Maybe related to other Vout issues...
- Qt4 fullscreen controller works in EV, but doesn't else and there are
still stability issues (Lukas, can you look at it please?)
- Telextext buttons sometimes appear when they shouldn't (jpsaman, can
you check your code? )
- transcoding bitrate sucks deeply, but... who knows it correctly?
I have other issues:
- embedding playlist to restore (I will do that this week end)
** Vout don't close/quit on stop like they were used to. Is it a bug or a
feature? (I don't remember)
** Skins seem to be broken on windows. Can someone confirm?
I think Qt4 Iconset and Contribs can wait after test1, no?
Shrinking the size of the windows installer can wait too.
I would just like to ask a question: what is our road?
(test1, test2, rc* )? (test1, test2, test*)?
It would be nice to have a way for the update system to work. (I don't
think rc > test, for example).
More information about the vlc-devel