[vlc-devel] dirac decoding and demuxer support

David Flynn davidf+nntp at woaf.net
Sun Jun 29 14:24:23 CEST 2008

On 2008-06-28, Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> wrote:
> Le mercredi 25 juin 2008 15:44:58 David Flynn, vous avez écrit :
>>  modules/demux/ts.c |   29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> I suppose this and the ogg patch work with any of the Dirac decoders
> (libavcodec, libdirac and libschroedinger), right?

Quick status update:

demux/dirac.c: works with ogg.c and ts.c
 - I've posted a patch that fixes a couple of faults in dirac.c
   (unrelated to the demuxers though)
 - Seeking works at the codec level, ie, the debug output shows that
   a seek is handled, although the pictures aren't updated.
   Handling the DISCONTINUITY flag would fix this i expect.

demux/schroedinger.c: works with ogg.c and ts.c
 - Seeking now works for ts.c

demux/avcodec/*: no pictures (tested against schroedinger)
demux/avcodec/*: no pictures (tested against libdirac)
 - No pictures seem to be ever output
 - Continually outputs:
   [00000422] avcodec decoder error: more than 5 seconds of late video
     -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
 - Unless --no-ffmpeg-hurry-up is set, packets eventually get dropped
   which eventually upsets schroedinger

It doesnt appear that a packetizer is required (my experiments showed
no improvement)

..david