[vlc-devel] commit: Added reget_buffer implementation for correct PTS for codec using it. ( Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jun 29 21:21:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008, Antoine Cellerier wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008, git version control wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Sun Jun 29 19:08:20 2008 +0000| [3be7c61b0db43282fb51cc73d74a68c0d278328f]
> >
> > Added reget_buffer implementation for correct PTS for codec using it.
> > This allows playing of MS Video 1 file but it is not yet correct because
> > of the way VLC handles RGB (it won't work on big endian, and the colors
> > seem broken).
>
> Not sure if that matters but we're currently in a freeze before a
> test1 release so it would be cool if changes likely to break stuff could
> wait before being included.
 This commit is a fix. Before this one, every codec using reget_buffer does
not work (because of invalid timestamp).

 For the RGB part, sure it will wait. But if we compil without img_* support,
a lot of codec (that output RGB) will not work correctly (a few on big endian
the other ones on little endian machines).

--
fenrir