[vlc-devel] apple .m4v and H.264

William Herrera wherrera at skylightview.com
Sun Jun 29 18:52:59 CEST 2008

Hello people,

I am newly posting here due to an recent issue.  I recently developed
a method for once more writing iTunes 7 user keys to a directory which
can be read by VLC, a la iTunes 5.  This is now available as a Perl
module (iTunes::Sid).  However, the .m4v video files will not play
even though the audio .m4p's do play again.   It looks as if the Apple
.m4v format is a variant of H.264 (called DRMI) which VLC does not
play.  Is there a filter for this available?