[vlc-devel] commit: Ffmpeg moved from --enable-pp to --enable-postproc ( Jean-Baptiste Kempf )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Mar 8 22:13:01 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008, Måns Rullgård wrote :
> > Ffmpeg moved from --enable-pp to --enable-postproc
> Do I detect a touch of sarcasm there?  How would you prefer we go
Yes, there was some sarcasm. It wasn't really being bad, but a bit of
humour... Sorry about that.

> about changing things that end up breaking some scripts?  Surely
> you'll agree that keeping lists of all users and seeking individual
> permission from each before any change would be impractical.
Clearly not, but a change like that, not even discussed on ffmpeg-devel
before is a bit too bad, IMVHO.
Having a fallback and a warning that the configure was changing would
have been better though :D

Don't feel upset, because this wasn't really the idea. Sorry if my
remark was too sharp without the comments on IRC.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/