[vlc-devel] commit: Dutch l10n update by Myckel Habets (Christophe Mutricy )

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Mar 10 19:38:35 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 09:43 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008, git version control wrote :
> > vlc | branch: 0.9.0-dev
>                 ^^^^^^^^^
> We have a new branch for stabilizing 0.9.0 as stated in FOSDEM.

If you're talking about
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2008-February/039899.html I didn't understand that we would create 2 branches.

I'm strongly opposed, with the current state of trunk needing a lot of
bugfixes before even a beta release.

The fact that we release a PREVIEW does not advance the release time.

* It will be boring to backport into this branch (even if you promise to
do so)
* It is USELESS as there is no new features being added which would
break the trunk for a long time
* You do want to branch to "protect" yourself against bleeding edge
commits such as courmisch making a transition to gettext 0.17 but it
does compile & run fine on both macosx and windows (Linux testers should
be ready to install bleeding edge stuff since they test "cutting like a
razor" vlc. We even have contribs if you wanna use them and YES they
build & run fine for UNIX too.
* I understand that you want qt4 interface to be released soon, but
there is a LOT of work to do : and not especially in qt4 interface.
* The meeting at fosdem was attended by you, jpsaman and dionoea (as I
suppose because we don't have details), and there is no further
explanations about this decision.

Please merge.

> Bugs for TP:
> http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0-TP