[vlc-devel] FFmpeg includes

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Tue Mar 11 09:21:53 CET 2008

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008, Jean-Paul Saman wrote :
>> Your patch is wrong. Just use the same as in the master branch:
>>
>> #ifdef HAVE_LIBAVCODEC_AVCODEC_H
>> #   include <libavcodec/avcodec.h>
>> #elif defined(HAVE_FFMPEG_AVCODEC_H)
>> #   include <ffmpeg/avcodec.h>
>> #else
>> #   include <avcodec.h>
>> #endif
> Yes, this doesn't work on master branch, in my trunk if I use ffmpeg
> with ffmpeg-tree and not preinstalled.

I use ffmpeg-tree together with contrib and do not have a problem with this.

> Here is why:
> HAVE_LIBAVCODEC_AVCODEC_H and HAVE_FFMPEG_AVCODEC_H are not defined in
> configure.ac if you use ffmpeg-tree.
>
> Therefore, it goes to the last part...
> but <avcodec.h> is not in any normal include tree then since it is in
> libavcodec/
>
>> And patch your configure.ac to detect the libavcodec/avcodec.h
> How ? I don't get how to tell AC_CHECK_HEADERS to look inside
> $(real_ffmpeg_tree)
>
> There is something I don't get then...

You tell AC_CHECK_HEADERS() to look into the ffmpeg tree by setting:

       CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS_save} ${CPPFLAGS_ffmpeg}"
       LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS_save} ${LDFLAGS_ffmpeg} ${LIBS_ffmpeg}"

and then do the AC_CHECK_HEADERS().

Do you have some debug/error message from the configure step?

Gtz
Jean-Paul Saman