[vlc-devel] MacOSX Leopard compilation : more pbs (and some success)

Eric Nicolas erik.nicolas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:09:48 CET 2008

Le 12 mars 08 à 22:11, Rafaël Carré a écrit :

>> I don't know if cmake is actually needed or not. I guess that if it's
>> in the vlc extra it's for a reason ?!
>
> It's not mandatory, you can use it if you want but it's experimental
> at
> the moment. It's only made to ease the build process.

Ok. I understand. It seems that CMake is broken on Leopard at the
moment...
Probably better to wait for a fix from CMake guys.

> Fribidi is maybe broken.
> I'll recompile the contribs on OSX when I'll update my xcode to
> 3.1beta
> (after 10 attempts i finally DLed the iphone sdk and its 2GB :p )

I finally understood that it was a problem with my home directory.
It's located on "/Volumes/#Home/...." and I guess fribidi chokes on
the "#"
character in the current path...

I relocated the sources to another places and it works.

Here what I have now :
- theora fails -> skipped
- ebml -> matroska web server is down, cannot get the tarball... ->
skipped
- ffmpeg -> configure step fails "Unknown option "--enable-swscaler"" -
 > removed this flag
- asa -> cannot get the tarball "file has zero length" -> skipped

Now the contrib compilation ends, finally :-)

--

Now to VLC itself :

	Mac-Pro:vlc-0.9.0-git enicolas$ ./configure --enable-debug --with-
macosx-sdk
	See `config.log' for more details.

config.log says:

	configure:3683: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
	/Xcode2.5/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: /usr/
lib/gcc/../libSystem.dylib unknown flags (type) of section 6
(__TEXT,__literal16) in load command 0
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm stuck here for now...

EN.