[vlc-devel] libvlc-control: libvlc_media_list_add_media_descriptor

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sun Mar 16 18:40:28 CET 2008

Selon Filippo Carone <filippo at carone.org>:

> Hi,
> the libvlc_media_list_add_media_descriptor allows adding the same media
> descriptor twice. Is this the intended behaviuor?
> If so, the media_list_index_of_item should return a int* instead of int,
> since it should give all positions for the given media_descriptor.
>
> I think it shouldn't be possible to add more than 1 time the same media
> descriptor to the same media_list.

Good point. We could also dump media_list_index_of_item facility, or duplicate
the media descriptor, or do nothing.

My immediate thought would be to dump media_list_index_of_item and probably
replace it by media_list_indexes_of_item, as you advise.

Where It could be nice to add a media_descriptor more than once, I also don't
see how it would be very useful.

Pierre.