[vlc-devel] [RFC] Nth playlist rewrite

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Tue Mar 18 11:30:03 CET 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> > So I would like to ask the elders : what was this for ?
> > - * It is envisioned that a third tree will appear: VLM, but it's not
> > done yet
> >
> > Was it worth ? Is there some feature I fail to understand, like the
> > ability to manage VLM through any GUI ?
>
> IMO, the idea was to be able to load a playlist file from VLM.

If i remember correctly, the plan was to unify "normal" playback from
the playlist with VLM. That implies a few changes to the playlist core,
the main one being that you need to be able to have more than one
playlist item runing at a given time. (If you think about it, that would
also allow doing neat stuff like crossfading audio)

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea