[vlc-devel] Regarding correcting chromo module in vlc

Ragas sag info2use4me at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:02:55 CET 2008

Dear Xperts,

I am using vlc  on linux .  I have been stuck up with chroma  module
problem.
I have MPEG 4 video decoded , and its output after decoding is  in "YUY2"
i.e which is YUV 4:2:2 format. And when it displays, although the video is
viewable, but due to improper chroma conversion it's more in green and
blueish kind. By default the vlc selects "i420_rgb" module, which i am sure
is not the correct yuv format. How do i change the croma module to
"i422_yuy2" module? And will it help me to get a good video display ?

I will be thankful if anybody can guide me on this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards,
Ragas