[vlc-devel] libvlc.lib for Visual C++

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 08:29:04 CET 2008

I installed mingw/msys + dlltool + pexports
It does not work, I get this:

C:\mingw\bin>pexports libvlc-control.dll > libvlc-control.def

libvlc-control.def is OK

C:\mingw\bin>dlltool -verbose --dllname libvlc-control.dll --input-def
libvlc-control.def --output-lib libvlc-control.lib
dlltool: Processing def file: libvlc-control.def
dlltool: LIBRARY: libvlc-control.dll base: ffffffff
dlltool: Processed def file
dlltool: Processing definitions
dlltool: Processed definitions
dlltool: Generating export file: rbose
dlltool: Opened temporary file: dglc.s
dlltool: run: as   -o rbose dglc.s
dlltool: No error
dlltool: CreateProcess

libvlc-control.lib is simply empty + useless *.s files :/

It would be so easy for you to simply copy the .lib file in your
snapshot .zip files
So for the moment I use windows LoadLibrary() + even more code if I
want my app to work under Linux :/

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24