[vlc-devel] anonymous access to vlc svn repo requires password since today?

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Mar 21 13:26:00 CET 2008

Hi,

since today, I'm asked to give a password on anonymous svn update/checkout.
As I've updated my svn client yesterday, I suspected a problem there,
removed the local vlc tree, and started over, but the problem persists:

svn checkout svn://svn.videolan.org/vlc/trunk vlc
Authentication realm: <svn://svn.videolan.org:3690>
087cc15d-e3d4-0310-b314-ee4ba9120b5d
Password for 'xxx':
Authentication realm: <svn://svn.videolan.org:3690>
087cc15d-e3d4-0310-b314-ee4ba9120b5d
Username:
Password for '':
svn: SASL(-1): generic failure: All-whitespace username.

Other videolan svn repos aren't affected.

Did the policy to access the vlc svn changed without any public
announcement?

I'm using subversion-1.5.0-41.1 on top of openSUSE 10.2 here.

Pete