[vlc-devel] Possible bug in ffmpeg/mux.c

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Mon Mar 24 21:09:08 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008, Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> ffmpeg/mux.c sets pkt.pts/dts in MuxBlock, so I think it should be
> setted allready when it goes to there. Thou I'm not totally sure whats
> the flow inside there in muxing.

Well I'm not sure about that. MuxBlock gets some data from VLC and
formats it as a lavf packet (pts and dts are set correctly). IOWrite
(which would be called by a few lavf muxers), gets some data from a lavf
packet and sends it as a VLC block_t to the access output module. That
new block_t will never pass through the MuxBlock functions.

So if i understand correctly the flow is something like:

VLC core -> Mux -> MuxBlock -> ... lavf ... -> IOWrite -> access output

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea