[vlc-devel] Interface development

Thinus Herselman thinush at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:36:33 CET 2008

(Appologies if formatting get's messed up, if it is, I'll see it and
followups will be better looking)

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008, Thinus Herselman wrote :
> > I have interist in throwing my weight towards interface development on
> VLC.
> Great.
>
> > But first I want to try and figure out what work is being done, and what
> > work is being planned for
> > the future. I cannot find anything in the wiki and was wondering if
> anyone
> > could throw me in the right direction,
> > or we could maybe start a discussion here, or be it on irc.
> On IRC would be better.
>
> > I geuss I'm after some high level discussion or design related to where
> vlc
> > is going with it's user interface.
> Are you speaking on windows or mac version ?
> Did you try the new interface, in development?

Platform of choice is probably going to be unix (FreeBSD specificly). But I
think when I understand more about what exists I'll make a definate
decision, I'm very familiar with windows development, but unix or mac doesnt
scare me *yet*.
I'll give the development version a bash first though and then pop by in the
irc channel.

> > For myself I'm specificly interisted in management of a music library.
> And a
> > rich user interface that makes managing that library
> > easier. Right now though being educated further on 'any' development on
> the
> > user interface would be helpfull.
> There is already a (poor) media library in 0.9.0-dev. Help for
> improvements are welcome.

A start is always helpfull :)